What To Expect When You're Not Expecting 8/1/13



Beth and I don't really sit around much talking about baby names. There's really no reason to. And if we DID ever have a baby, I think I'd wait and name it the first word I read the minute he/she was born. "Welcome to the world baby Cytotec(misoprostil)!" However, here's a list of baby names I'd like to think we've already eliminated:

Joshua
Jana
John
Jill
Jessa
Jinger
Joseph
Josiah
Joy-Anna
Jedidiah
Jeremiah
Jason
James
Justin
Jackson
Johannah
Jennifer
Jordyn
Josie


(At any given time we are expecting less children than these people.)

Here is the list of names I propose to chose from:

"The Hawk"
General Beauregard
Toofess Joe Jackson
Pepito Incarnacion Jesus Sanchez III
Essay/Ese/SA
MR. (or MRS.)
Doctor
Jediddiah (notice the two "D's")
James Brown
Or any of these + Jr.

P.S. -- Fun fact of the day. Enjoy the "freedom" that you get here in the old USofA where you can name your baby "Asshat" or "...$loo(P..." or "PeePeePooPooPants0724" or "Apple." In many other countries you can't. And while Denmark's list of 7000 appropriate names might be a little strict, I do think you should have to pay a hefty fine to name your kid "Pilot Inspektor." Consider it a permanent vanity plate purchase.

3 comments:

  1. I heard of a kid named "Bannister". Then there was the family with sons named "Sargent" and "Major". Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew of a kid in kindergarden named "Sir Lawerence." So the teachers had to call him Sir. "Yes Sir." "No Sir."

      So I'm going with "YourMajesty."

      Delete