Keeping the HR in Christmas (That's where you should file your complaints, anyway.)


"Shit."


Welcome to the first annual Christmas edition of the BINP blog (and the thirty-somethingth Christmas edition of Beth herself not being pregnant.)

It's possible that, although I write to you in the second person, you have been perceiving me in a form of almost biblical omniscience as I present our narrative. Since you are getting to know me as this all-present facilitator/provider/translator of our (lack of) information to you on a irregular basis, I think now is the best time to do a "compare and contrast" of our likenesses to the holy family.

Here we go:

I am white (pretty much.)
Jesus was also white (not really.)
However, Beth is not pregnant with me (or anyone else for that matter.)

We have a shit ton of animals, ergo, our house very often resembles a stable.
However, we certainly do have "room for a bed," or rather, a whole room for a bed.
You are welcome to it if you come and visit.

Believe it or not, there are a few subtle differences between Bethlehem and Memphis.
(Although the Med and the Manger probably share a lot of similarities.)

We do have a bit of gold around the house, but not much.
There's probably frankincense in a drawer somewhere in the house if I looked hard enough.
But I have no clue what myrrh is.

If Beth gave birth on December 25th, I too would exclaim, "What child is this?!?"
Instead, it will be more likely that I open a gift and exclaim, "Chiiiild! What IS this?"


My bet would be that we have more Christmas decorations up than they did. More lights anyway.

A lot of people think I look Jewish.
I'll bet the same thing happened to Jesus.

Last, but certainly most important--
Preggers.


Totally NOT Pregnant.


That tunic was just too large, and she was getting it fitted.

Happy Holidays.

Hopefully see you for a New Year wrap up.

No comments:

Post a Comment